Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pinal Dave, SQL server evangelist, Microsoft - Uncut & Unedited



Today I spotted this video because I was drilling around in relation to a purchase I made on Amazon.com of some Rick Morelan training books/dvds on my career subject area, which is Microsoft SQL Server.  I recently discovered Rick Morelan who worked with the interviewee, Pinal Dave (pronounced DAA-VEE), on one (or more) of his (Rick's) Joes2Pros books. Pinal gave such a great idea around the 6:00 mark of the video, to learn ONE thing each day, and write it down somewhere. He has done this for years on his blog SQLAuthority.com. I have done numerous web searches in the past on SQL technical questions and found answers from Pinal, who works for Microsoft India in Bangalore at the time of this video. 

So I have had my blog site here since 2008 and presently have several LESS posts than I was just inspired to create while watching this video, but no worries because I have so many things I want to learn in so many seemingly non-cohesive areas (is that a word?), that if I just try to learn ONE thing in each of them daily, I will have many posts for many years to come.  The cohesion will take care of itself even if it will only be apparent to me.  Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment